“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" ~Matthew 6:25-26

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions


I’m not one to make new year’s resolutions, but this year I think I really need to. Between not being able to breastfeed, going back on birth control & still having problems with my thyroid I’ve really struggled to lose my pregnancy weight. So, here’s my goal: to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight by the time Liam turns 1. That means losing 10 pounds in 6 months. I realize that’s not a very difficult goal, but I need to keep it small or I’ll just become overwhelmed. If I lose more than that, great! If not, that’s okay.

So why am I posting this in my blog? Because 1) I need accountability 2) I feel like if I make it known, I’m more likely to stick to it!

The most difficult obstacle I’ll face is giving up on sleep. Getting up even earlier in the morning will be the only way I can fit it in my schedule, so I just need to be disciplined about getting up early. This morning I was up and on the treadmill by 5:40am. It was great!

In addition, I’d really like to start reading my Bible every day again. Over a year ago my friend Melissa challenged me (through a blog post) to read the Bible in year – not for the sake of just finishing it, but in an attempt to be in God’s word EVERY day. I was doing really well, and made it all the way through the New Testament, however it kind of fell apart after Liam was born. I’ve decided that in addition to working out in the mornings, I’m going to get to work early each day so that I can spend time with God before the distractions of the day take over.

I’m hoping these new habits will help me have a better attitude each day, will help me get through the next several months (winter is SO hard for me!) and hopefully will help me to grow in my faith.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. Yea- you can do it! And might I recommend sneaking a trip to Zumba sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete