Wow…I haven’t
blogged in a while! I guess I just haven’t felt like there’s been much worth
sharing. Here’s just a quick run-down on what we’ve been up to over the last
month.
·
Liam
is about to turn 1! We have his first birthday party coming up in a few weeks
and we’ve been busy planning it. Liam is definitely more of a toddler than a
baby now, and we are just loving this stage of his life. He’s a very happy and
energetic boy, and we spend most of our free time chasing him around the
apartment. It’s also been fun watching him learn. He now says “Bo” every time
he sees his cousin’s dog, and he says “ball” whenever he sees one. Playing ball
is definitely one of his favorite activities. (I think we’ve got a future soccer
player on our hands!)
·
We
started house hunting. So far it’s been pretty unsuccessful, but we’re just
trying to be patient so that we don’t settle for a home we don’t really love.
We were originally hoping to be in a house by the fall, but now it’s clear that
it might take MUCH longer than that! We’ll see!
·
We’re
loving summer, especially in our new hometown! There’s been so much to do here and
we’ve been loving it! During one of the first warm weeks we took Liam to one of
the Grand Rapids beaches & splash-pad (a big water fountain/water park area
for kids). He loves the water, but even more so loves playing in the sand. Our
Apartment is also close to the paved White Pine Trail. We’ve taken advantage of
being so close to the scenic walking/biking trail, and spend almost every evening
going for walks. We’re still hoping to go up north sometime this summer. I’m
ready to go camping!
·
I have
just a couple months left at my job. I’ve started applying for other jobs, and
we’re also still trying to find a way for me to stay home with Liam rather than
work. Prayers are appreciated!
I think that’s
all. I hope you all have a blessed week!
No comments:
Post a Comment