“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" ~Matthew 6:25-26

Thursday, January 6, 2011

14 weeks!

I’m in my 14th week of my pregnancy. The second trimester is finally here! It has been so nice to have a decrease in the morning (more like afternoon) sickness I experienced the whole first trimester. I’m hoping the heartburn I’m having daily will decrease as well. Until then I’ll just have to continue carrying Mylanta with me everywhere. :)

I’ve had regular checkups every 4 weeks and so far everything looks good. The last couple of visits the doctor has tried to let us hear the heartbeat but the baby is always moving around so much we haven’t been able to hear it clearly yet.

Now that I’m in the 2nd trimester we’re counting down the weeks until we find out if we’re having a boy or a girl. We should know by the middle of February! For a while we were really hoping for a baby boy but now we’re equally excited at the idea of having a little girl, especially now that we have names picked out for both genders that we absolutely adore!

As we look toward the future and the idea of starting a family soon we’re continuing to pray for Ben’s job. His work schedule is Sunday – Thursday. It’s been extremely difficult to not have our weekends together and even more stressful to not be able to attend church together. When Ben took the job we didn’t realize just how much that would affect our life/marriage. We’re continuing to pray that by summer he will either have a new job or there can be a schedule change with his current job.

We’re continuing to praise God for all he’s doing and we’re trusting in Him for the future!

14 weeks!

1 comment: