“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" ~Matthew 6:25-26

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Just a typical day…



This is my little work station in our apartment. Nothing too exciting, but I find it cozy. Honestly, I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to think of working from home. When I worked in the office, my days were SO social. On top of talking on the phone, and meeting with students for my job – I also talked constantly with my friends & coworkers. So, when they asked if I’d be willing to work from home, I half-heartedly said yes and mentally began to prepare myself for being alone for 9+ hours each day.

Surprisingly, I have loved every moment of it! I’m naturally an introvert, and while I do love being around people, it wears me down! In fact, yesterday I drove down to SAU and worked in the office and by the time 5pm rolled around I was EXHAUSTED. I still miss my coworkers, but it’s been very nice to work from home. I’m much, MUCH more productive and I thoroughly enjoy that I can do house work on my lunch breaks. At the end of the day, I feel so fulfilled because I contributed financially to my family, and I typically have accomplished a bit of housework as well.

Unfortunately, this position is only temporary. At most I will work from home until labor day. Very soon I will need to join the herds of people looking for employment, and this is something I dread very much. For now, I’m going to go make myself another pot of tea and enjoy my time at home while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment