“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" ~Matthew 6:25-26

Monday, July 30, 2012

New Job. New Car.


Hi friends! Thanks for all the prayers. After a round of second interviews, and several days of prayer, I have officially accepted the Campus Visit Coordinator job at Calvin College! It was a bit of a leap of faith being that it was a pretty big pay cut from what I make now, but 1) I know it’ll be a job I enjoy 2) It’ll open doors for other job opportunities and 3) a job is better than no job. :)

I’m actually pretty excited about it. During one of my interviews I met with the group of ladies I’ll be working with and they seem really awesome. I also got to meet 4 of the 60 student workers I’ll be supervising, and they were a lot of fun! I’m excited that I’ll be in a job that will allow me to spend tons of time with college students!

My first day at Calvin will be August 27th, so I have a few more weeks to wrap things up at SAU. It’ll definitely be a transition, but I’m looking forward to having a change career-wise.

Another answer to prayer – we got a new car! My impala was about to bite the dust, but thankfully we were able to get rid of it before it did, and we got a Honda CRV instead! Can I just say how awesome it is??? It’s all-wheel drive. TONS of storage space, AND it gets better gas mileage than my impala! I’m so thankful for God’s provision. He sure has been blessing us a lot lately. 


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on the job and new car! Now you have to come up with a name for the car. :)

    ReplyDelete