“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" ~Matthew 6:25-26

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Answered Prayers

Last August I started my job at Calvin College. It was a tough decision of whether or not to accept the job considering that it was less pay, and was part time (40 hours/week but Aug-May only). I prayed about it, and felt like God was telling me to take the job...so I did! And I'm glad I did. I LOOOVE my job and I love the people I work with!!
 
I've only been in this position for 5 months, and God has already answered my prayers about how this job would work out for us financially. One of my coworkers decided that after her baby is born this coming spring she would become a stay-at-home mom, and just recently my supervisors told me that as a result this spring I will become full-time!!! 
 
And it's funny to think back on how stressed I was over the decision of taking this job. God knew what he was doing all along! HE IS SO GOOD!!!
 
These answers to prayers have been causing me to reflect even more on God's goodness. It's obvious that he is not a distant God. He is very present in our lives. He cares about us, and is guiding our lives even when we don't realize it. Do you ever wonder how non-Christians can live without Christ!? I do. Every day. I just can't imagine life without God's guidance and without the hope that my faith brings. He gives meaning & purpose to my life. No words can ever describe how utterly thankful I am for my salvation. TO GOD BE THE ALL THE GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment