“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" ~Matthew 6:25-26

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Year in Review

Here's a look at some of the more important things that happened this past year, and how thankful we are for God's many blessings in our lives.
January 2012 - Ben & I took a mini vacation to Orlando, Florida for our 2nd year anniversary! We spent a day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (!!!) and also got to catch up with a good friend, Bethany!
March 2012 - We moved to Grand Rapids! (FINALLY!) We love being near family, good schools, job opportunities, etc. More importantly, we feel at peace that this is where God wants us to be.
June 2012 - Ben & I became members of our church, Alpine Baptist Church. We're so thankful for our small group there, and for the church as a whole. We both feel we've grown a ton through being there, and have enjoyed getting involved in ministry opportunities.
July 2012 - Liam turned 1! We celebrated by having a joint birthday party with his cousin, Avigial at a local park. All of our families came for (a very hot - almost 100 degrees) but fun day!
August 2012 - I started my new job at Calvin College! I love the people I work with, and I am SO, SO thankful that I didn't have to go through a period of being unemployed before finding a new job.
September 2012 - My sister (who previously watched Liam), went on bed rest and Liam started going to his new day. His new care provider, Marcy has been a great fit for us, and we've been SO thankful for her!
October 2012 - Ben started back at his grad program! He took a 6 month break during the time we moved to Grand Rapids, and then joined the cohort up here. Only a year and half until he is done with the program!
November 2012 - Liam finally had his baby/child dedication at Church! I'm thankful to be a part of a congregation that will keep us accountable in raising our son.
December 2012 - Ben and I took a couple weeks off of work to enjoy time as a family. It was extremely refreshing and so nice to spend so much time with Liam!
God has really blessed us over the past year. I can't wait to see what 2013 holds...hopefully it will include buying a house and MAYBE even growing our family. :)

1 comment: