“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" ~Matthew 6:25-26

Friday, September 16, 2011

Back to work

Well, we survived our first week!

Fall happens to be one of the busier times of year for my job. Reps are usually only in the office a couple days a week and spend the rest of their time on the road visiting high schools and attending college fairs. When I went into work on Monday most Reps were already out on the road, but I hadn’t even started planning my travel yet – so I had to start planning as soon as I got into the office. My travel territory is the Grand Rapids area and in the years past I would go up and stay overnight for several days. Obviously I don’t want to be away overnight, so I’m trying to plan my travel this year so that I am only gone during the day. I still have several nights over the next few weeks when I’ll be gone until 11pm, but thankfully it’s only for a few weeks. I think Ben and I are both feeling like we just need to get through the next month, and then we’ll be able to breathe again.

Ben also started his new job on Monday. So far he seems to like it, although he has a ton of new information to learn with all the state regulations and policies. Next week he will be in Lansing every day for some certification his job requires. I definitely don’t envy him! Funny part of his job – his previous job was almost all guys and now he is the ONLY guy in the office. We’ll see if he can handle the drama. :)

And I can’t forget to mention – Liam started going to daycare this week. To say it was rough doesn’t begin to describe it. To go from spending ALL day with him to only seeing him for 2 hours at night before he falls asleep is definitely not fun. However, it is getting slightly easier and I'm thankful for that.

I was reminded recently of the importance of leaning on God for strength. I’m so thankful for His strength, because I know without Him this transition would be a lot more difficult.

“The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.” Psalm 28:7 (New Living Trans.)

No comments:

Post a Comment