“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" ~Matthew 6:25-26

Monday, September 19, 2011

Liam's doctor appointment

Last Friday Liam had his 2 month doctor appointment. He now weighs 11 pounds, 12 ounces and he’s 23 inches long. I feel like he’s growing so quickly!

He got a bunch of vaccinations, and he did so well with getting the shots. He cried for about 5 minutes and that was pretty much it. I was so proud of him. :) Since I wasn’t sure how he would react to them I decided to take the afternoon off of work. It was SO awesome to have some time to play with Liam, get stuff done around the house and run some errands. It was just what I needed.

Liam’s doctor appointment also confirmed what we were already thinking; Liam has eczema. He has it all over his face, head, legs and back. This explains why he’s been acting fussier lately and why he’s scratching his face. He seems pretty uncomfortable.

So, for now we’re trying some creams and lotions, using a special body wash and only giving him soy formula. His doctor said this should get it under control. There’s a chance it could go away by the time he turns one, but we’re not counting on it since Ben’s didn’t go away until he was almost an adult. We’ll see!

1 comment: