“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" ~Matthew 6:25-26

Monday, September 5, 2011

One more week!

Well, today begins my last week of maternity leave. I still can’t believe how fast it’s gone. I’m feeling pretty bittersweet about it. On one hand, I’m looking forward to getting dressed up every day, having a more regular schedule and being around adults again! On the other hand, I will really miss all of the one-on-one time I’ve had with Liam. I feel like I’ve been able to bond with him more than anyone, even more than Ben simply because of the amount of time I have with him.

This week we finally bought him a bumbo seat. I wasn’t sure what all the hype was about – until we tried it out. It allows him to sit up, without any help from us and he loves it!



In other news…Ben got a new job! He’ll be a Foster Care Case Manager for Lutheran Social Services of Michigan. Not only will he be working for a better organization, he will have a much more normal work schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. This also means we’ll finally be able to go to church as a family. And I’m also excited about it because it’s a statewide organization with their largest office in Grand Rapids, so it could potentially help us move closer to family someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment